Join us for an afternoon of fun and fellowship on historic Governors Island in New York Harbor!
WHEN: Sunday, June 20, 2021
- Our FIRST Time Together Since MARCH 2020
To sign up:
1. Go to govisland.com and make a reservation for the 2:00 pm ferry from the Battery Maritime Bldg. to the island, returning on the 5:00 pm ferry. You’ll pay for your tickets online: the cost is $3.00 round trip. (Free for anyone 65 years and older.) We suggest doing this as soon as possible due to COVID restrictions.
2. After you’ve bought your ferry tickets online, text Lynn Manuell at 917-868-1288 to let her know that you’re confirmed for the trip. Please include your name and email address in the text. We may need to communicate with each other if there are any unforeseen changes in the plan. (If you can’t text, please email Lynn at LynnManuell@aol.com with your name and cellphone number.)
3. Meet the group by 1:45 pm (at the latest) on June 20 at the Battery Maritime Building, 10 South Street, Slip 7 in lower Manhattan. We’ll take the 2 pm ferry to Governors Island together. If you’re late or lost, text Lynn!
4. Enjoy several hours on beautiful Governors Island. There is food and drink available for purchase there or you can bring your own picnic lunch. For more information on what to expect, consult govisland.com.
NOTE: There are also ferries from Pier 6/Brooklyn Bridge Park and Red Hook/Atlantic Basin. If one of these is more convenient for you, let Lynn know that and we’ll arrange to meet you on the island.
See you there!