UNY Prayer Chaplain Ministry
Who We Are
The Prayer Chaplain Ministry is the lay ministry of Unity of New York. We are a trained volunteer prayer team that serves our congregation by offering one-on-one prayer through monthly prayer calls, and prayer visits to congregants who are hospitalized or home-bound.
The Prayer Chaplains are here to create and nurture a community where God and prayer are first in all things. We envision our congregation as a safe place where all are nurtured and honored and where we know the highest and best are already manifesting in everybody’s life.
We are here to:
- Accept you unconditionally
- Envision with you all of the possibilities for your heart’s dreams and desires
- Listen to your prayer request and hold what is shared in confidence
- Pray with you for the highest and best in your life to be expressed
Bi-Weekly Prayer Call:
PLEASE READ THESE STEPS:
- The call begins promptly at 9:45am. Please call in a few minutes before to be there for the start of the prayer. NOTE: If you are late to the call, please don’t announce yourself – even if the system prompts you to do so.
- Dial the Free Conference Call number: 1-267-807-9605
- Enter the Access code: 798460#
- Announce yourself onto the call
- Mute your phone
- Pray & Listen
Free Conference Call number: 1-267-807-9605
Access code: 798460#
- Congregants can sign up to receive a monthly prayer call by emailing your request to email@example.com along with the best phone number to reach you, or by signing up on our website: www.unityofnewyork.org.
- This heart-centered, gentle and loving service is available to all.
- Bring any concern or celebration and we will know the Truth with you – God is already at work no matter the circumstances.
- Prayer is always available to you 24 hours a day, every day through: Silent Unity 1-800-669-7729, 1-800-NOW-PRAY or www.unity.org
Unity of New York Prayer Chaplain Co-Directors
Co-Director: Sarah Dacey Charles
Sarah Dacey Charles is thrilled to be a co-director of the Prayer Chaplain ministry of Unity of New York. Sarah has been a Prayer Chaplain since 2003. From 2004-2011, she was th Co-director of the Chaplain ministry with Carol Dacey-Charles. Besides her work as a Chaplain, Sarah served on the Board of Trustees as Vice President, and was a founding member of Spiritus. Sarah continues to bless Unity of New York as a soloist and as a Quest class teacher. Outside of Unity, she enjoys a thriving acting career and artist mentoring business.
Co-Director: Melanie Schmidt
Melanie Schmidt is thrilled to work alongside Sarah Dacey-Charles as a Co-Director of the Unity of New York Prayer Chaplin Ministry. She is currently taking classes towards certification as a Licensed Unity teacher. Melanie is a retired Human Services Administrator committed to service that improves the lives of indiviuals.